Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Relationships

I came to a conclusion not long ago that relationships are the most important thing here on earth. To love God and to love one another are really the greatest commandements. Basically everything we do, subconsciously or not, is to invest and build up our relationships, whether it's in a healthy way, or in a not so healthy way. We work, so we can make more money, so we can provide for our family, and therefore have a happy relationship with them. We buy nice things for ourselves so that we'll be pretty and attractive and therefore have a nice guy to have a relationship with. We exercise and eat well for the same reasons. People starve themselves so that people will like them, which means, to that person, 'improving' those relationships. People sleep around because they are starved for relationship.

So if my life is about relationship, how should I live it in consequence? I'm learning how important it is to just spend time. Just be together. It's so hard in this crazy, performance-oriented world. I don't know about you but it's so easy for me to become so consumed with what I'm doing or should be doing rather than what I'm being, and who I'm being with. What does it matter what I DO if I've no one to enjoy and share life with?

I've shared some wonderful experiences with the most wonderful people. They are what have made my life and all its experiences amazing. My family, most of all, Jamie, my friends, close by and some far away, even acquaintances have contributed so much to the fullness of my life. What would I do without people to love??

Here are some great friends of mine!



My family about 10 years ago!!



Jamie and I when we first started dating


















With my outreach team in Paris last year. What wonderful
relationships came out of that trip!


















Pineapple Club: great girl time

2 Comments:

At Thursday, April 20, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Harry!
I feel special cause our picture is their haha, yay pineapple club!! Just thought I would leave a little message, have an amazing day!
Love you lots!

Mallory!

 
At Sunday, April 23, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh harry, what a beautiful person
-karen

 

Post a Comment

<< Home