Tuesday, April 18, 2006

A ramble or two

So I haven't written in awhile, and it's partly because I don't really know what this blog's about. All I want to do is write what I'm thinking. I'd like whoever reads this to be able to share what they think as well. It seems like I'm always thinking, learning things and processing and I imagine many of you out there must be too. So what are you thinking about?

Here are a few things I've been pondering lately:

1. Getting married
2. A dream being birthed in me
3. What to do with my life?
4. Relationships, how to maintain them, why do they change...
5. What is my reality?
6....

So where do I start? I'll tell you about reality because the rest come out of there.
I've been trying to figure out what or where is the place I am living in. The state of mind I guess you could call it. Questions like should I live in function of the immediate, what I see right in front of me, what I think and need right now, or try to go bigger? Just how many things can I take in at once? Yes I know that my friend is having a hard time over here, and that there is a crisis in Israel and that teenage pregnancy is a big issue in my city, but can I live with all those things weighing in on me? Where is the balance in being aware of what's going on and being concerned and praying for it, but not weighed down with things I can't change? How far can I stretch my sphere of thought and yet still be in the mind frame where I am present and useful?
I want to have a biblical worldview. Oh God show me how.

I can see how people get stuck in a rut of everyday living so easily. Just from one thing to the next, with no real goal. It's easy to just look forward to the next weekend or the next change. I think God has a plan for every season of life and the hard part is being in touch with Him over what that is and how to live in it fully.

Journalling helps me, being creative, talking with people helps me to process and keep my brain where it should be.

2 Comments:

At Tuesday, April 25, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i totally know what you mean. living from thing to thing is useless, and gets really hard. meaning it is easy to be brought down. for me at least. living with goals..its what is important, and obviously not just earthly goals. i think about friends, family, school..i worry a lot about nothing. it doesn't ever get me anywhere..but i'm learning how not to. concentrating more on god, and more important things.

 
At Friday, April 28, 2006, Blogger Marie-Hélène said...

Thanks Kate, it's nice to know I'm not the only one who struggles with things like that. Let's keep the focus where it's supposed to be. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home